Candle Safety Tips
- Candles that burn fast and drip a lot are more dangerous than ones that burn slowly and efficiently.
- Never have a candle where a child or pet may get to it. They may get burned or knock it over and start a fire.
- When you place a lit candle in your home, keep it away from any combustible material.
- Never leave a lit candle unattended. Especially, if you are leaving your home or going to bed. Blow out candles when you leave your room or go to sleep.
- Do not use an aerosol can near a candle.
- Always use a secure holder for your candle and place the holder on a non-flammable surface. Make sure the candle is secure in the holder. Do not let candles burn down all the way
- Remember a holder such as a votive cup will be hot, so do not touch it with the candle lit or soon after. Let it cool before disposing of the used candle.