Rules For Burn Permit
BURN PERMITS ARE NOT AVAILABLE BETWEEN FRIDAY NOON AND MONDAY MORNING AT 9 AM EITHER ONLINE OR AT THE FIRE HALL. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET A PERMIT DURING THESE TIMES. THEY ARE AVAILABLE MONDAY MORNING AT 9 AM TO FRIDAY AT NOON EITHER ON LINE OR AT THE FIRE HALL.
- Permits must be filled out fully.
- Permits may be issued only within the geographical area of Mundy Township.
- Burn Permits are invalid during high winds and excessively dry conditions.
- Burn Permits may be applied for one day in advance of the burn or on the date of the burn. Permits outside this time period will be denied.
- Permits are valid for (3) three days. You CANNOT apply for multiple permits.
- Burning must be on your own property, or with the consent of the property owner on whose property you will burn. Proof of permission must be with the person burning.
- ONLY LOGS, LIMBS, STUMPS AND BRUSH may be burned. Household or commercial refuse, lumber, leaf rakings, ground cover, fence rows, ditch lines, etc. MAY NOT BE BURNED.
- An Adult must attend the fire.
- THE FIRE MUST BE OUT 1/2 HOUR BEFORE DARK.
- Permit holder is responsible that the fire is not endangering structures, vehicles, ground cover, or valuables. The distance from such things to the fire shall be determined by "Common Sense" relating to wind speed, and direction and distance to other objects.
- IF SMOKE IS A PROBLEM FOR NEIGHBORS OR TRAFFIC, THE FIRE MUST BE PUT OUT. If the fire department is called you may be required to put the fire out.
- Online permits will be unavailable from Noon on Friday until 9AM on Monday.
IF THE FIRE GETS OUT OF CONTROL, OR YOU BURN MATERIAL OTHER THAN LOGS, LIMBS, STUMPS, AND BRUSH YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO A FINE AND / OR JAIL SENTENCE.
Recreational Fires Also Need A Permit
Recreational fires are open fires, within a defined area, such as a ring hole or container. They may not be burned for the purpose of consuming illegal fuels, such as scrap lumber. Recreational fires must be on your property - attended by an adult - and produce smoke, which is-not a nuisance or hazard. Flames should not reach over 18 inches high. Recreational fires will be extinguished if not attended, and are not to exceed two hours in length.
Applying for Permits in Person
Monday through Friday you may get a burning permit by going to the Fire Hall at Hill and Jennings Road. Someone is in the office between 8 AM and Noon. Burn permits may be available after Noon if someone is there. If you intend to burn on the weekend you must get the permit by Noon on Friday prior to the weekend you intend to burn.
Applying for Permits through our Online Form
Online Form Requests may only be submitted ONE day prior to the date of burn or on the date of burn. Permits will NOT be granted for requests received between Noon Friday and 9:00 am Monday or on Holidays. By submitting a Request you are agreeing to all rules explained above that governs burning in Mundy Township.
IMPORTANT: After you submit your Request you will need to print a copy of the resulting "Permit Request Approved" page that will be displayed. You must have a copy of this printout in your possession indicating a Permit Issue Date no more than three days old.